By Davide Di Gennaro
Advanced Metaprogramming in vintage C++ goals to be either an creation and a connection with C++ template metaprogramming (TMP); TMP is gifted within the booklet as a collection of ideas that would carry a brand new variety in C++ and make code awfully transparent and effective. The publication offers with language points, layout styles, examples and purposes (seen as case studies). designated emphasis is wear small reusable strategies that may enhance the standard of day-by-day paintings.
What makes the ebook extraordinary is the extent of figuring out of the suggestions concerned imparted by means of the writer. this isn't only a rote evaluate of metaprogramming. you are going to really comprehend tough themes like static assertions, tips on how to write metafunctions, overload solution, lambda expressions, etc. greater than that, you are going to paintings via them with useful examples guided by means of the author's frank causes. This publication calls for you to imagine and to benefit and to appreciate the language for you to application at the next level.
Read Online or Download Advanced Metaprogramming in Classic C++ PDF
Similar c & c++ books
Die C++-Standardbibliothek, deren interessantester Teil die commonplace Template Library (STL) ist, revolutioniert die C++-Programmierung. Der korrekte und effiziente Einsatz stellt eine gro? e Herausforderung dar, die nur mit fundiertem Wissen zu meistern ist. In diesem Buch wird die Funktionsweise und Implementierung der einzelnen Komponenten (Container, Iteratoren, Algorithmen, Funktionsobjekte, Strings, Streams usw.
Challenge fixing, Abstraction, and layout utilizing C++ offers and reinforces simple rules of software program engineering layout and object-oriented programming ideas whereas introducing the C++ programming language. The hallmark characteristic of this publication is the software program improvement process that's brought within the first bankruptcy and carried all through within the case reviews offered.
Leverage the trendy comfort and modelling energy of the D programming language to enhance software program with local efficiencyAbout This BookAcquire the talents to appreciate the basics of D via its help for principal and object-oriented programmingTake benefit of D's strong compile-time positive aspects, templates and levels to use generative, usual, and sensible styleA systematic consultant to help you familiarize yourself with the options in D with the aid of basic and easy-to-understand examplesWho This publication Is ForThis ebook is meant for people with a few heritage in a C-family language who are looking to how to observe their wisdom and adventure to D.
Starting with an evidence of the procedure-oriented programming approach, the function performed via constructions during this process, and the explanations that resulted in the construction of OOPS, the booklet offers a scientific dialogue of beneficial properties resembling sessions, gadgets, dynamic reminiscence administration, constructors, destructors, inheritance, dynamic polymorphism, and operator overloading.
- C++ AMP: Accelerated Massive Parallelism with Microsoft Visual C++
- A Programming Language
- Learn C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS
- Developer's Workshop to COM and ATL 3.0
- WinRT Revealed
Extra resources for Advanced Metaprogramming in Classic C++
4. Classic Patterns When coding a framework/library, it’s typical to use and reuse a small set of names. For example, containers can be expected to have a member function [[integer type]] size() const that returns the number of elements. All the following paragraphs will try to describe the traditional meaning connected to a few common C++ names. 1. size_t and ptrdiff_t In C++ there’s no unique standard and portable way to name large integers. Modern compilers will in general pick the largest integers available for long and unsigned long.
4. X T::get() const; X T::base() const The name get is used when type T wraps a simpler type X. A smart pointer’s get would thus return the internal plain pointer. The function base instead is used to return a copy of the wrapped object, when the wrapper is just a different interface. Since a smart pointer typically adds some complexity (for example, a reference count), the name base would not be as appropriate as get. On the other hand, std::reverse_iterator is an interface that swaps ++ and -- of an underlying iterator, so it has a base().
Always introduce a typedef. If the macro is not carefully written, the association between * and const may give unexpected results. Consider: T x = 0; const T* p = &x; // looks correct Unless: #define T char* Instead, consider intercepting the macro: typedef T MyType; // ok, even if T is a macro. // #undef T if you like MyType x = 0; // const MyType* p = &x; // now it works. 3. Symbols Most C++ projects contain several kinds of symbols (classes, functions, constants, and so on). A rough division line can be drawn between system/framework utilities, which are completely abstract and generic, and project specific entities, which contain specific logic and are not expected to be reused elsewhere.
Advanced Metaprogramming in Classic C++ by Davide Di Gennaro
- Download PDF by Ravi Montenegro, Prasad Tetali: Mathematical Aspects of Mixing Times in Markov Chains
- Get Country PDF