By Hans-Jörg Schek (auth.), Christian S. Jensen, Simonas à altenis, Keith G. Jeffery, Jaroslav Pokorny, Elisa Bertino, Klemens Böhn, Matthias Jarke (eds.)
This publication constitutes the refereed complaints of the eighth overseas convention on Extending Database know-how, EDBT 2002, held in Prague, Czech Republic, in March 2002.
The 36 revised complete papers provided including six commercial and alertness papers, thirteen software program demos and one invited paper have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from a complete of 207 submissions. The papers are prepared in topical sections on question transformation, information mining, XML, complex question processing, relocating items, disbursed information, dispensed processing, complicated querying, XML-advanced querying, basic question companies, estimation/histograms, and aggregation.
Read Online or Download Advances in Database Technology — EDBT 2002: 8th International Conference on Extending Database Technology Prague, Czech Republic, March 25–27, 2002 Proceedings PDF
Similar technology books
Even though a large amount of info in regards to the purposes for arc plasmas within the fabrics sciences is accessible, it really is contained in actually millions of separate manuals, technical notes, textbooks, and executive and business studies. every one resource typically bargains with just one particular program or, at most sensible, a slender diversity of usage.
Energy digital structures are necessary in adjustable pace drives, nationwide shrewdpermanent strength grid, electrical and hybrid automobiles, electrical locomotives and subway trains, renewable strength assets and disbursed iteration. consequently, the curiosity in energy electronics is increasing besides the necessity for a resource of state of the art wisdom.
- New Scientist (21 May 2016)
- Intel Trusted Execution Technology for Server Platforms: A Guide to More Secure Datacenters
- Die Technische Physik der Lichtbogenschweissung einschliesslich der Schweissmittel
- Transforming Technology: A Critical Theory Revisited
- Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era
- Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Modeling and Simulation, plus Econophysics Colloquium 2014
Extra resources for Advances in Database Technology — EDBT 2002: 8th International Conference on Extending Database Technology Prague, Czech Republic, March 25–27, 2002 Proceedings
M. Flickner, Harpreet Sawhney, Wayne Niblack, and Jonathan Ashley. Query by Image and Video Content: The QBIC System. IEEE Computer, 28(9):23–32, September 1995. 11. Norbert Fuhr. Logical and conceptual models for the integration of information retrieval and database systems. 1996. 12. Yoshiharu Ishikawa, Ravishankar Subramanya, and Christos Faloutsos. Mindreader: Querying databases through multiple examples. In Int’l Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, 1998. 13. Carlo Meghini. Fourth DELOS Workshop – Image Indexing and Retrieval.
18 Michael Ortega-Binderberger, Kaushik Chakrabarti, and Sharad Mehrotra The rest of this paper is developed as follows. Section 2 presents some background. Section 3 presents our query reﬁnement framework, and section 4 presents some speciﬁc reﬁnement algorithms. Section 5 presents some experiments and an example query reﬁnement application. Section 6 presents related work. Section 7 oﬀers some conclusions. 2 Preliminaries — Similarity Retrieval Model Before we embark on an explanation of query reﬁnement, we ﬁrst discuss the similarity retrieval model on which we build our query reﬁnement work.
5. Precision–recall graphs for several iterations, and reﬁnement strategies predicates but with the default weights and parameters, notice how the query slowly improves. Figure 5d) starts the query with the pollution proﬁle only, but allowing predicate addition. The predicate on location is added after the ﬁrst iteration resulting in much better results. Similarly ﬁgure 5e) starts only with the location predicate. The initial query execution yields very low results, but the pollution predicate is added after the initial query resulting in a marked improvement.
Advances in Database Technology — EDBT 2002: 8th International Conference on Extending Database Technology Prague, Czech Republic, March 25–27, 2002 Proceedings by Hans-Jörg Schek (auth.), Christian S. Jensen, Simonas à altenis, Keith G. Jeffery, Jaroslav Pokorny, Elisa Bertino, Klemens Böhn, Matthias Jarke (eds.)
- Invasion dynamics - download pdf or read online
- New PDF release: Interpreting Literature With Children (Literacy Teaching